Eating Healthy is essential to weight loss. There are hundreds of website that offer low fat, low calorie dishes. My favorite website is Spark Recipes (sparkpeople.com). They offer daily recipes that are healthy, fast and delicious. You can download their ap on your Smartphone and receive daily updates. It makes grocery shopping a breeze!
Here is one of my favorites:
White Beans, Spinach and Tomatoes over Linguine
Preparation: 10 minutes
Minutes to cook: 20
2 tsp. olive oil
12 oz. whole-grain linguine
1 Tbls. Minced garlic
2 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (do not drain)
1 can (14.5 oz) white beans (such as Great Northern or navy)
1 package (10-oz.) baby spinach
6 Tbls. Romano or parmesan cheese (grated)
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet.
- In a large pot, start boiling water for linguine and get linguine cooked while you continue.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and sauté for a minute or so.
- Add the tomatoes and beans and bring to a simmer.
- Add the spinach, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Spoon toamato/beans/spinach mixture over linguine and sprinkle with cheese.
Nutritional info: (per serving)
Total fat: 5.1g
Cholesterol: 5.0 mg
Sodium: 201.5 g
Total carbs: 52.7g
Dietary fiber: 10.2